[Yaesu] HF recommendation

David R Jeffries n0gmp@juno.com
Sat, 22 Aug 1998 12:33:52 EDT

Of course this is correct as far as freqs regulated by the FCC are
concerned.

However all "Federal" stations (military including CAP and MARS, FBI,
Customs, National Forest Service, the FCC itself, etc, etc, etc   are on
freqs regulated by the NTIA instead of the FCC.     Type acceptance is
not required for NTIA stations.
Rather compliance of individual systems with their Redbook standards is
the rule.
On HF the standards are pretty loose.    On VHF they're pretty tight.

Dave Jeffries
N0GMP@juno.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]