[Yaesu] FT990 TTL to RS232 interface

jan.fisher@virgin.net jan.fisher@virgin.net
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 16:25:24 -0000

I have just got hold of an FT990 and would like to use the computer  control
via the CAT socket. On reading the manual I see the output is at TTL level
and requires an external interface.

I have a Kenwood IF-232C level converter which did the same job for my old
TS940. Will the kenwood unit work ok with the Yaesu or is there something
I should know about the level converter.

I have checked the ROM version on the 990 and it is 1.30 which I understand
should work ok with most software packages.

I thought I would ask the question before spending a few hours making up
leads for something that will not work.

Any other info on known problems and fixes would be appreciated I do not
think the radio is very old. Ser no 4L380125

Thanks.

Jan G0IVZ

jan.fisher@virgin.net