[Yaesu] FT-1000MP - S-METER ACCURACY

Tucker, Donald S donald.s.tucker@exgate.tek.com
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 17:30:17 +0100

> Hyper accurate s meters would probably cost 1000.00 dollars or more,
> so
> the meters we have in our rigs are really "approximate meters". That
> being said, for me, the signal report on either ssb or cw is a really
> fun and interesting part of the QSO. I also very much enjoy hearing
> about the stations working conditions, especially the antenna part.
> Just
> my opinion.
>
> 73 ... N1MSV

	 Right, I should care what my signal strength report is. Just be
sure you have my call  correctly entered in your log, particularly if
you are a new country or county or prefecture or whatever.  Is there an
award for 59 or 599 reports? I give my s-meter reports as very strong,
strong, kinda strong, and can barely copy you. If you want a number
you'll get it, but what meaning does it really have since it all depends
on band conditions, receiver, antenna and a multitude of other
variables?

	Don W7WLL.