[Yaesu] FT-1000/D NOTCH Control Anomaly?

Arthur F. Wildblood artw4aa@ibm.net
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 08:23:29 -0500

In USB, LSB, and CW modes (others not checked) with the NOTCH push
switch off and tuned to band noise on any band, rotating the NOTCH knob
on my FT-1000 seems to effect the rx signal strength.  The difference is
noticiable to the ear, and the S-meter indicates about a 3-5 db
difference.  Band noise is strongest with the NOTCH control in the full
clockwise position and weakest with the NOTCH control in the full CCW
position.  This occurs when using any bandwidth selectivity.  All other
controls are in their "normal" positions.  According to the "Operating
Manual", the NOTCH control, which is supposed to set the notch
frequency, should not be active when the NOTCH push switch is off.  Is
this a problem with my FT-1000, or do all FT-1000's work this way?
Does anyone know what's going on?  Tnx, Art/W4AA