[Yaesu] Kenpro KR-600RC rotator - now Yaesu GR600?

Ian White, G3SEK G3SEK@ifwtech.demon.co.uk
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 07:38:07 +0000

John P Skubick wrote:
>You did not mention the age of this rotator, but I would
>suspect the direction indicator pot needs cleaned.
>I had a similar experiance with an aging, heavy duty-type,
>TV rotator that I use for stacked VHF & UHF beams.
>The fix was cleaning that pot inside the rotator housing with electical
>contact cleaner.

It's almost certainly one of the two identical pots, which are servo-
linked between the rotator and the controller - but don't strip the
rotator down yet.

I had exactly the same problem a few years ago, and after spending
several unpleasant hours taking on the rotator apart, it behaved exactly
the same. The problem was cured by a quick shot of contact cleaner to
the pot in the controller! Unlikely as it may seem, do try the easier
option first.

ALso, resist the temptation to mess with any of the other trimpots until
you have positively eliminated both of the servo pots.

                           http://www.ifwtech.demon.co.uk/g3sek