[Yaesu] : Fw: [KyHam] Per min. telephone charge proposal

Ernie Howard w8eh@infinet.com
Fri, 09 Jan 1998 14:43:31 -0500

I found the facts, about this ISP rumor circulating around.
Nothing is on the agenda at the FCC.

To see for yourself, visit this FCC web address:

   http://www.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Common_Carrier/Factsheets/ispfact.html

OR http://www.fcc.gov/isp.html

                                   - - -
A clip from this FCC web site:

"In December 1996, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
requested public comment on issues relating to the charges that
Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and similar companies pay to
local telephone companies. On May 7, 1997, the FCC decided to
leave the existing rate structure in place. In other words, the
FCC decided not to allow local telephone companies to impose
per-minute access charged on ISPs."

"Please Note: There is no open comment period in this proceeding.
If you have recently seen a message on the Internet stating that
is requesting comments to <isp@fcc.gov> by February 1998, be
aware that this information is inaccurate."      <----------

                          ---

So there you have it, straight from the FCC. Another rumor.

Don't waste your time sending email on this subject to the FCC.

Ernie W8EH

-----

Bill Breuer wrote:

> [...]

Ernest Howard, Jr  - W8EH