[Yaesu] RE:FSK/AFSK (Summary of Responses)

Walter Kornienko zak@goes.com
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 21:40:27 -0500

Sandy wrote:

>PKT/LSB will be AFSK (tones determined by SHIFT, MARK and SPACE
>parameters in the KAM.  I use 2110/2310 with SHIFT set to MODEM. You
>should also set dip switches 2 and 3 in the 990 to match these settings.
>If you don't do this,  you will be unable to zero-beat or be "on
>frequency" with the other guy. Also set the FSinv parameter in the Kam
>Plus to ON.

I wonder if anyone has had a similar "dip switch" problem with the FT-1000?
In order to be zero-beat with the other station I've always had to set the XIT
to -0.83 kHz.  Maybe there was a misprint in manual too.  Any suggestions?

             73 de Walt Kornienko - K2WK - zak@goes.com