[Yaesu] Ft1000 TXCO Bargain upgrade

Paul Stagno pas12@stratos.net
Wed, 01 Jul 1998 13:10:07 -0400

For those of you that need the TCXO upgrade for the FT-1000 to match the D model, read on.
I have discovered that the TCXO-2 made for the FT-990 is a solder in replacement for the standard TCXO supplied with the FT-1000 (non-D model). This might not be very interesting at the normal price for the FT-990 TCXO-2 but  AES has them on closeout for $69.00.  The second side benefit is that the standard TCXO that you remove from the existing board is identical to the TCXO-3 used in the FT890 and FT900.

I replaced my FT-1000 TCXO with the $69.00 TCXO-3 and then dropped the removed one in my FT-890.

Thought i would share the info for those who might want to upgrade their FT-1000 to the higher stability xtal for $69.00 instead of near $180 for the whole board.

Paul
kb8mou