[Yaesu] FT1000MP Transverter o/p

Ian ianafh@globalnet.co.uk
Wed, 01 Jul 1998 21:37:07 +0100

I have been looking at the FT1000MP for driving VHF & UHF transverters.
Before I buy one I want to be sure that the low level transverter output is
clean.

Using a spectrum analyser at my local dealer revealed a number of spurious
outputs either side of the carrier on 10M at a level of about -50dB. The
state of calibration of the analyser used is unknown. The FT1000MP measured
had just been rapaired.

Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, using the FT1000MP
transverter o/p ?

Can anyone with a FT1000MP and access to a spectrum analyser check to see
how clean the output is on 10M.

Can the level of the transverter o/p be controlled with ALC ? (the rf drive
control has no effect).

73
Ian G0AFH