[Yaesu] FT-51R cloning after MARS/CAP mod?

Andrew Rakowski, KC7OZS rakowski@gis.usu.edu
Sat, 6 Jun 1998 13:27:05 -0600

Hi folks.  Just wondering if anyone has experienced problems cloning
between FT-51R HTs after doing the MARS/CAP mod?  I just mod'd one of
my FT-51Rs, and had saved it's contents into another beforehand so I
wouldn't have to enter all the frequencies and labels again.  Well, the
mod seems to behave fine, but when I try to clone the data back into
the radio, I get "CLONE ERR" on the radio, and it will NOT accept the
data.

The other thought was, if this mod affects cloning between radios, does
it also affect the ADMS-1 software, so I can't download from a PC?  I
was thinking of buying the ADMS-1 software, but it would be pretty
worthless if it wouldn't download into the HT now.

When I called Yaesu tech support, they said they thought that the ADMS
software would still work, but were pretty mum about talking about the
radio since the mod was done.  Basically they said that since I mod'd
the radio, I was on my own.  Not the most helpful attitude.

73 de Andrew, KC7OZS