[Yaesu] I have no snd out on my FT-1000MP

Dave Maley dgmaley@inav.net
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 08:42:55 +0000

I had the same problem with a FT-900 in the same time frame.
Are you using an external speaker where the speaker ground has
a way to get back to the power supply AROUND the radio?
If so, you have a ground loop that can damage the audio output
if the radio ground is not perfect.  It won't trash IC's.  Just burns some
foil and gets you a stern talking to by the dealer.  Good luck.
Dave   WA0ZZG