[Yaesu] FT900CAT low sensitivity

John Merrill jmerril1@twcny.rr.com
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 09:47:20 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01BD96B0.41F7A0C0

Dave: Receive signal strengths change when I toggle the IPO button as they
do with the att button. Everything seems normal except signals are way down.
I'm using the same antenna on both rigs.

John
-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Maley <dgmaley@inav.net>
To: yaesu@contesting.com <yaesu@contesting.com>
Date: Saturday, June 13, 1998 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT900CAT low sensitivity

>What happens when you toggle the IPO button?   Yaesu had some
>QC problems with pin diodes at one time.  Also check pin diodes
>that switch from receive to xmit.  I guess the key word here is
>pin diodes.  Let us know what you find.  Dave  WA0ZZG.
>AR
>
>> From:          "John Merrill" <jmerril1@twcny.rr.com>
>> To:            <yaesu@contesting.com>
>> Subject:       [Yaesu] FT900CAT low sensitivity
>> Date:          Sat, 13 Jun 1998 09:11:21 -0400
>
>> I have an FT900CAT with low sensitivity on all bands. At least a 30 db
>> difference compared to my FT1000MP. Anybody had that problem and found
the
>> cure? I've checked the obvious front panel settings- IPO, attenuator,
etc. I
>> guess what I am looking for is a known common problem. Otherwise I'll
break
>> out the service manual or return to Yaesu.
>>

>> John
>>

>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.qsl.net/k7on/yaesu.html
>Submissions:              yaesu@contesting.com
>Administrative requests:  yaesu-REQUEST@contesting.com
>Problems:                 owner-yaesu@contesting.com

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01BD96B0.41F7A0C0
	filename="John L Merrill.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Merrill;John;L
FN:John L Merrill
ORG:WSTM-TV
TITLE:Director of Engineering
TEL;WORK;VOICE:315-477-9422
TEL;WORK;FAX:315-474-5082
ADR;WORK:;;1030 James St;Syracuse;NY;13203;USA
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:1030 James St=3D0D=3D0ASyracuse, =
NY 13203=3D0D=3D0AUSA
ADR;HOME:;;7782 Tirrell Hill Circle;Liverpool;NY;13090;USA
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:7782 Tirrell Hill =
Circle=3D0D=3D0ALiverpool, NY 13090=3D0D=3D0AUSA
EMAIL;INTERNET:n1jm@aiusa.com
EMAIL;INTERNET:jmerrill@wstm.com
EMAIL;INTERNET:JohnN1JM@aol.com
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:jmerril1@twcny.rr.com