[Yaesu] Hidden Menus

Ron Walters rwalters@mailhost.magicnet.net
Sun, 01 Mar 1998 11:56:46 -0500

The more and more I read here on the reflector it sounds like many of
the rigs have been setup differently from the YAESU factory.

I have looked at my 9-x menus and played a little with 9-1, REC IF
gain.  Mine was set for 31.  Curious what some of the other 1000MPs are
set for?

Menu 9-5 shows the CPU at 1.26 , I am aware that the current version is
1.3 but is it worth the trip back to YAESU?

Not sure what 9.0, 9-2, 9-6, 9-7, are and what the display items mean?
Can anyone help shed some light?

Menu item #9-9,  I found set to GEN and I did change it back to USA.

Guess the fellow that had it before me, this is a used rig, wanted to
transmit outside of the ham bands.

I would appreciate if anyone has the factory default settings for the
9-X menus, I realize some are factory set for each radio but others are
not.  I don't know what settings the fellow before me may have diddled
with.

If you can't supply the menu terms can you suggest a source?

Thanks for any help

Ron - W4LDE