[Yaesu] year 2000

n7zm@juno.com n7zm@juno.com
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 11:07:09 -0800

         I see more talk on the year 2000 glitch on the reflector. This
will only effect computers with an older Bios. You say your not sure if
you will be effected? Well here's a simple way to test your system.
        Go to  http://www.rightime.com and download a free program to
test your system. Or just do it yourself....change the date to 12-31-99
and the time to 11:59:00PM and wait to see what happens.
         If you need a bios fix, then at www.rightime.com you can
download a
free program to fix it. It will setup a line into your autoexec.bat file
to make the necessary changes on boot up. I think the file is called "
Year2000.zip ".
GL and don't worry about it, it's no big deal unless your running a big
mainframe. If you don't have webb access, send me a disk with return
postage and i'll ship you a copy. Don't worry, it's freeware.
73- Ron N7ZM

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]