[Yaesu] Separate RX Ant. Problems

Jo, YC0LOW yc0low@ibm.net
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 21:12:29 +0700

Hi all,
I had my FT1000MP's separate RX ant. well connected to a Beverage
since Nov 1996. During stormy or rain season at my QTH, I always
disconnect the rig from electricity mains and TX antenna(s). But,
one day I forgot to disconnect my RX ant. from Beverage.
After a lighting storm- which damaged two TV sets, and also my
internal PC modem- the separate RX ant facility didn't work anymore.
Nothing is heard. I suspect that it was damaged by the same cause.
Luckily, the txcvr is okay. I can still use TX ant A or B for
transmit-and-receive. I have checked my Beverage ant system and it
also seemed fine.  I am not a technician. I have its Service Manual.
And since my technician friend had never repaired any FT1000MP, yet,
we need your hints to locate the problems. Please help and TNX.

73 de Jo, YC0LOW, P.O. Box 147, Cinere 16514, Indonesia.
mailto:yc0low@ibm.net mailto:yc0low@qsl.net
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/3922554