[Yaesu] FT1000D and synthesized frequency read out.

Bryn Joynes bjoynes@edge.net
Sat, 23 May 1998 08:33:36 -0500

Hi,

A friend of mine is having trouble reading his frequency display on
his FT1000D.  His sight is poor but his mind is quick, and I would
like to help him remain operating.  He would prefer to stay with the
FT1000D as he is familiar with the controls and where they are
located.

Dose anyone know of a way to add a voice, so that the frequency could
be read out to him.  It does not need to be a in radio fix, an
external add on would also be suitable.

If anyone knows of a solution I would sure appreciate it.

My friend is Paul Born, VE1AS from Milforn Nova Scotia Canada.  He has
been a ham for nearly fifty five years, and has forgotten more than I
will ever know.  It was his help a few years ago that got me
operating, and I feel this might be a small way to help him.  My call
in Canada was VE1BRN before moving down to Columbia TN, where my call
is KF4GKO.  Paul operates HF while I prefer VHF/UHF SSB.

Thanks in advance

Bryn Joynes
KF4GKO
EM65LO