[Yaesu] FT1000D Now with Locked VFOs !

Robin Thompson robin@g3tkf.demon.co.uk
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 19:23:51 +0000

Hi chaps !
Just to let several that were enquiring know, that I spent a couple of
hours this afternoon (well three!) installing the excellent
International Radio tuning upgrade and modifying my FT1000 as below. It
was very easy to install and really does make operating CW/SSB much more
pleasant.   Why didn't Yaesu fit something like it as standard?

At the same time I looked at locking the sub vfo to the main vfo - that
was easy as well !!      (REMEMBER we are talking 1000  NOT MP here )
A small 5v relay and using the "Spot" switch ( it's easier to get at
than the "Dim" and in my case NEVER used ) a couple of snips and one
extra link has both VFOs tracking together ! Really usful when using
separate aerials on the sub rx for contesting etc.

If anyone wants more details email me direct.

Did anyone discover what the Pin diode mods were ??

73
Robin Thompson
G3TKF
Bath