[Yaesu] FT-1000D S-meter dead

Steve Babcock kinderh@cadvision.com
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 16:11:26 -0600

I have a number of Beverage RX antennas which are remotely switched by
sending a voltage (12V) on the RX feedline.  The antennas are connected to
the separate RX input on the FT-1000D.  Usual capacitors and inductors used.
I have had no trouble with the system until lately.  When I switch the
antennas of coarse I hear a 'click"...often this "kills" my s-meter...DEAD,
BLOTTO...NO MOVEMENT!!  I had been able to "recover" the meter by switching
the antenna numerous times which seems to fix it until next time.  This last
time it seems toast for good!...the RX is all OK...just no s-meter movement.
Powering down the rig does nothing.

ANYONE OUT THERE HAD THIS PROBLEM ???????--------HELP!!!-------

Steve Babcock  VE6WZ  kinderh@cadvision.com