[Yaesu] FT-1000D Repair

Glenn C. Edson gcedson@ibm.net
Wed, 09 Sep 1998 15:57:43 +0100

The meter read-out (S-meter etc ..the digital readout is ok) illumination
has failed
on our FT-1000D. Yaesu/Calif states 8 weeks for repair for rigs not under
warranty and their Huntsville, AL subcontract facility gave us 6 weeks. We
removed cover and we agree with Yaesu service people that it is not an easy
lamp replacement.  Anyone know of local (Northeast US ) repair facility
that could handle this in a more reasonable time-frame?  Operation now is a
little like driving your car at night with no dash lights!   Thanks.

73s,
Glenn..K1GE