[Yaesu] DSP-59Y Discontinued?

Kevin kpevin@mediaone.net
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 21:46:37 -0500

Hi all,

I finally decided to order a DSP-59Y from Great River today for my FT-990 I
recently purchased, the 199.00 seems like good deal for the unit.  I wanted
one for a while and now that that I passed my Novice exam i decided that
would be my present to myself :-)   Bad news is according to Great River
after this last production run of 120 they will be discontinued.  There is a
2 1/2 week wait on these and then that will be it.  The gentleman I spoke to
(Dennis or Gary I forget) said it just isnt economically feasable to produce
the units anymore and sell them for 199.  He sounded pretty sincere so I
dont think it was just a "hard sell."  Point is, if you wanted one like I
did - dont wait much longer.   Here is the website if curious:
 http://www.greatriverelectronics.com/index.html

And no I dont work or have any financial interests in Great River
electronics.  I just thought some in the group that were considering
purchasing one may want to do it before they are gone.

73,
Kevin