[Yaesu] FT-990 Tuning Encoder

John Marchand john-k1rc@juno.com
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 20:08:29 -0300

Hi all,

Got the main tuning encoder for the 990 a while back,
but just now getting around to getting the updated
part number of the unit in a msg. (incase anyone is
interested. If not, thanks for tolerating my ramblings.)

The part number is:  Q9000523.

Put the unit in and it works like a charm.
I also installed the solder jumper to slow down the
CW tuning by half. I like it a lot better for tuning manually.
My contesting s/w (NA) still tunes the radio at the same
rate electronically though.
I may do the same for SSB since I do a lot of
listening to SITOR & FAX in LSB/USB.
AM & FM?.....Nah, I won't bother.

My compliments to Sal at Yaesu. He called me back
within an hour with part and shipping info.

Thats it from Skunk Hollow.

73,
John K1RC (ex K1CGJ)
Dracut, Ma.