[Yaesu] FT-1000D

W4ZW@home.com w4zw@home.com
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 08:40:55 -0500

It's the best radio I've ever used and I have truly used them all except for
the TenTec line which my friends rave about, but no dual receive with them.

I currently use the FT-1000D, FT1000MP, TS-950SDX (digital modes)  here in
FL, TS-570S/G at my Colorado QTH and various rigs mobile, boating,
backpacking, etc.

My old International company was a dealer for most all of the manufacturers.
I really like my FT-1000MP, but in a choice of the two, I'd take the
FT-1000D.  It's large, heavy, but a real workhorse.  I used a Timewave with
it for awhile which helped a little with very weak signal work, but not
enough to justify keeping it in line.

Buy one, you'll love it!

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW
Casey Key Island, FL

"A little bit of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"

BTW  My ROM version is also 6.0.  I have all the modes to mine except for
the strong signal mod (via Tom, W8JI) which I hooked up backwards I guess
since it didn't help.  Next time I open the FT-1000D, I intend to made this
mod, especially now that S9+40dB signals are common on 10 meters.