[Yaesu] VX-5R Wealth of Information

Mary-Frances R Bartels ki0dz@juno.com
Sun, 26 Dec 1999 20:09:28 -0700

Howdy,
   Last week I asked a question about after market antennas for the
VX-5R.  I'd done many a search for this information and came up with
nothing substantial.  I estimate I'd spent over three hours doing this.
I did get one response from this list, for which I am very thankful!
   Still continuing my search (I tend to be a glutton for punishment :-)
) yesterday I decided to go to AskJeeves and hit pay dirt!!  More
information on the VX-5R than anyone could imagine, or even digest in a
day or perhaps a week.  I asked "Who makes antennas for the Yaesu VX-5R?"

   One of the resources mentioned was a listserv (reflector) solely
dedicated to the '5R.  It is called YAESUVX5 and is at onelist.com.  It
presently has 883 subscribers and is quite active.  Everything from mods
to programming to antennas is discussed.  I highly recommend the group to
anyone interested in this rig.
   Just FYI.
                                                 73 de ki0dz
Get paid to surf the net, no catch! www.alladvantage.com Ref# FBA-073
Mary-Frances R. Bartels  KI0DZ DM79lt  Denver CO  (((#)))   ^     ^
http://www.qsl.net/ki0dz  ki0dz@juno.com             |       ^ - ^
Watkins products Rep. #92389                      -------    (o o)
** Beyond Infinity - scanning & WWW services **   |ooOoo|  >{  |  }<
http://members.xoom.com/beyondin                  -------         RRR)*

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.