[Yaesu] Re: FT-990 Power/ALC Problems on 10M/TCXO Unit

Tom.Goodfellow@cubic.com Tom.Goodfellow@cubic.com
Thu, 4 Feb 99 10:17:39 -0800

Fellow 990 owners...

You can buy the TCXO-2 for $30 + shipping and install it yourself...Per John Lynn of Yaesu,
call 562/404-2700.  This only is for 990's, all others have different numbers,i.e. TCXO-4 etc.
and there sill around $100 or over ..While they last....FYI....73

...tom

--- On Thu, 04 Feb 1999 01:37:05 GMT  Mark Tetrault <tetrault@mv.mv.com> wrote:
On Tue, 2 Feb 1999 20:42:05 -0800, you wrote:

>The thing that I thought might be of interest was that Yaesu called me
>shortly after receiving the radio and asked if I was interested in
>adding the TCXO-2. You may recall that this option was well over 100
>bucks in years past. The offer was for 30 dollars installed. They said
>they are offering the unit to all 990 owners as the rigs are received
>in Cerritos for repair. I do not know how long that offer will last.
>Although my 990 has always seem quite stable, I thought for the price
>it would be a worthwhile addition to my 990's resume just in case I am
>ever inclined to sell it.

Could it be since the FT990 is now discontinued, they are overstocked
in TCXO-2s and are having a fire sale to move them?

>As always seems to be the case, Yaesu service is still numero #1 in my
>book.

Agreed, Luv all 5 of my Yaesus.

Mark
AA1OV