[Yaesu] FT8500 gone ?

Kurt A. Freiberger kurt@cs.tamu.edu
Tue, 09 Feb 1999 14:16:25 -0600

At 10:36 AM 2/9/1999 -0800, you wrote:

>Relax Bill, the 8500 is still around and will be for a long time. Both AES
>and HRO are advertising it. There is no problem with the radio, other than
>the Mr. Potato Head microphone intimidates most people so they buy the
>8100R

I bought one for my wife, with the MH-39 mike instead of the potato mike.
It works very well, although the programming is a bit bizarre.
Fortunately, the ADMS-2 software mitigates nicely.

73/Kurt

--
Published 12/12/98, Saint Paul Pioneer Press Bulletin Board:
Redmond, WA (AP) -- Microsoft announced today that the official release