[Yaesu] Re: DSP-59Y

Norton norton@erinet.com
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 09:34:13 -0500

> The site also says that the unit is being sold for approx. half of the
> price that it was listed for with Timewave.
>
> Always being a firm believer in the old adage .. "Ya get what you pay
> for" .. I would appreciate any comments on this subject.

Bill,

Don't let the price worry you.  I bought one at the 1998 Ft. Wayne hamfest
when they first started the deep sale at below cost that caught the vendors
in the middle.  I don't remember the dealer's name but I saw him again at
the Mansfield, Ohio hamfest last week.  I bought the filter first, then got
the speaker elsewhere in the building, assembled it at a friend's sales
table, and had it running on the 990 that evening.

For years I had missed the cw filtering on my old Drake R-4B receiver, but
the Timewave acts like a Ferrari among VW's.

73
Bill
W8FYO