[Yaesu] FT-1000D Bandwidth

John Lane lanej@provide.net
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 13:10:01 -0000

The shift control should provide the same passband carrier point regardless
of the filter used although occasionally I need to adjust it slightly when
going from 250Hz to 500Hz when using RTTY.  It shouldn't be an issue for CW.
I gererally leave the control centered for 250Hz and 500Hz operation.  The
passband frequency can be checked with the calibrator signal. It only
provides a few clicks of adjustment before the signal is excessively
attenuated.
The bandwidth control when used with the 250 Hz filters only provide a
couple clicks of adjustment at the extreme clockwise rotation of the
control.  I usually leave it fully clockwise in this position.  It's
slightly more flexible on the 500Hz position but generally if I need
additional selectivity at 500Hz I will switch to the narrower filter.
In summary the width control only provides a few clicks of adjustment from
full clockwise with the narrower filters. The shift control only provides a
few clicks of adjustment around center.  This charecteristic is typical with
every radio I have used with these features.
My FT-1000 is an older one (1992).  It's too much trouble to pull the radio
out to find the serial.
All in all a great radio.  Certainly destined to become a classic.
            --W8KX