[Yaesu] FT-1000D Bandwidth

Larry Menzel lmenzel@millcomm.com
Sat, 02 Jan 1999 08:15:02 -0600

Riki,

I was intrigued and puzzeled after I read your first posting of this
conundrum.  I'm no technician, first off, so I haven't a technical
answer for you, however, I did try it myself on my 1000D.

I found that if you first make sure that you are exactly on frequency
with the station, i.e. use the spot tone to match his incoming signal
tone, and then start to narrow down the signal with the shift/width
control I was able to find very close tolerances with all the filter
selection positions.  I will admit that it was necessary on several
occasions to adjust the shift knob one click either way from it's
position when changing to the 500 Hz filter, but not the gross change
that you describe in any case.

My radio, when tuned as described kept the signal in the pass band
farily consistently at all filter widths, except as noted.  I'll spend
a bit more time with it today, but I don't recall you mentioning if
you had "centered" the incoming signal or not.

Larry N0XB
Northfield, MN