[Yaesu] Pin Diode mod for FT1000D

Robin Thompson robin@g3tkf.demon.co.uk
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 22:46:50 +0000

Thanks to everyone who is helping to follow up this topic .
I have received information from SM2EKM; K3MM; K0ZZ; G3XSV; N7RT among
others ! I will get as much information together and post it here as
soon as possible.

Any more info regarding Pin diode and 2nd order or is it 3rd (!?)IMD
greatly appreciated.

This is a great system for useful information dissemination .....!

In article <JVXXzfAZ80q2Eww4@g3tkf.demon.co.uk>, Robin Thompson
<robin@g3tkf.demon.co.uk> writes

>Hi chaps
>
>Some time ago there was discussion about modifying the front end PIN
>diodes to reduce the amount of 2nd order harmonic intermod on earlier
>versions of the FT1000 (NOT the MP!!)
>
>Has anyone got details of the best diodes to use for replacement ?
>
>I was very aware recently during an 80m contest with LOTS of really big
>signals how the few clear frequencies seemed full of bits and pieces of
>cw - but unreadable - I gather these were probably the products of
>various signals on the band mixing.
>Hopefully a change of PIN diodes may help ?
>G3TKF
>Robin Thompson
>City of Bath
>
>--