[Yaesu] FT990 main tuning encoder

John Marchand john-k1rc@juno.com
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 18:34:28 -0300

Hi all,

I was just tuning the bands with my FT-990 and the main tuning dial
started to bind up. Looks like the main tuning encoder shaft
(or the encoder wheel?) is binding up and just about frozen in place.
It took about 30 seconds in all to go away.
I've had similar experiences with encoder shafts/wheels in mechanical
film drive systems in laser imagesetters.

I seem to remember a similar thread on this subject quite a while back.
Does anyone still have that information hanging around in their archives?

I called Yaesu parts and talked to SAL. He said the computers
are down and he cant give either part number or price info.
Said he'll call me tomorrow with the info.

In the mean time, wanting to persue a parallel course, does anyone
out there have the following info:

1. PN for the main tuning encoder for the FT-990
2. The approx. price
3. An alternate source for the part-w/ phone, addr. etc.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

73,
John K1RC (ex K1CGJ)
Dracut, Ma.