[Yaesu] Anyone with FT-100 impressions?

Alek Petkovic vk6apk@eon.net.au
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:13:17 +0800

John,
        I have no hesitation in recommending the FT-100. If you buy it, you
will not be sorry. I have never heard a better noise blanker and the dsp
filtering is superb. I think that Yaesu got it right first time with this
radio.

I owned a DX70, which I really liked, before this and I always needed the
handbook to drive it. The FT-100's menu system is just so logical and a
sheer delight to use. Maybe the 706 is similar.

I've never owned an Icom. They are just too expensive for what you get, in
Australia anyhow.

The 706 MK2G is listed $500-$600 more than the FT-100 here in Australia. I
don't believe many people have got that sort of money. The FT -100 sells
here for Aus$2750.00 (US$1785).

Which ever one you choose, I'm sure you'll end up with a great radio and
that's all that's important.

73 de Alek. VK6APK.