[Yaesu] FT-50R problems

Kevin P kpevin@mediaone.net
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 22:54:06 -0500

Hi all,

I just received a FT-50R in trade and the repeater shift and auto repeater
are not working.  A friend here said someone tried to reprogram the radio
for out of band and messed it up.  The repeater shift after a full reset is
2.63 Mhz and the auto repeater does nothing.  The bad part is I cant cant
even get a .600hz offset because it only steps in 50khz increments and it
starts at .03,  so I get .58 or .63 and not .60 like the book says.  I have
a chance to send it back and get my other items back.  Is there a way to
change the default repeater offset without using the programming software
(which I dont have) or should I just return it and not fool with it?  I can
live without ars, but a proper offset is a must :-).

Thanks in advance,
Kevin
KB9UPV