[Yaesu] FT5200 Rot. Enc. Pblm

Dean Norris dnorris@k7no.com
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 17:48:57 -0700

I have a 6 year old FT5200 duo-bander.  The dial rotation does not function
properly when cold.  When set to VFO, it will skip, jump and tune the
opposite from the directioon turned.  Same when in the Memory mode.  It
will jump from Mem 1 to 2, back to 1, to 3 . etc blah, blah.  You get the
drift.  Is there an adjustment or other common fix?  Should I send it to
the fine folk in Calif.  Suggestions, please.

Thanks in advance.

Dean

                  Dean Norris, K7NO - email to: dnorris@k7no.com
            My hat is off to the guy that decided to put the telephone
                       directory in alphabetical order.