[Yaesu] BCI on FT-1000

Sandy Lynch slay@netcom.com
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 11:57:55 -0800 (PST)

> From: "Nick Kennedy" <nkennedy@cswnet.com>
> To: <wa3gin@erols.com>
> Subject: Yaesu List
> Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 13:04:47 -0600
>
> Anyway, I'm wanting to post a message about my FT-1000's susceptibility =
> to being overload by a local 610 KHz AM broadcast station.
>
> Thanks and 73,
>
> Nick, WA5BDU

I had exactly the same trouble with my FT-1000D, when I moved to
my current QTH.  Approximately 1 mile away (or less) are a number
of FM and TB broadcast transmitters ... but worst of all ... is
an AM broadcast station on 970 KHz.  My radio was "useless"
UNTIL I purchased a high pass filter from I.C.E. which substantially
attenuates all signals below 1.8MHz.  The S9+40db trash dropped to
almost nothing.  I'll have to check the model number ... but I think
it is a 401X or 402X .... cost abaout $40, but a true God-send.
If you need the exact model number, send me an email and I'll get the
info for you.

My only problem now remains on the low end of 80m
where I am using a vertically polarized antenna.  A tuned stub
may be used in the future to eliminate that problem.

73, Sandy W7BX@arrl.net
Portland, Oregon