[Yaesu] FT1000MP power pot

Tomas Tanbäck sm6vvt@telia.com
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 20:52:10 +0100

This will not work.
1. You can´t use the 10 or 50 watt pot, they only work from abt 0-15w resp. 20-70w. Look in the schematic diagram.
2. The "Max power" pot only give 105 watts in the maximum position. ( on my FT1000MP )
That,s to bad, I also need 120-130 watts for my two 3-500ZG.
73
SM6VVT / Tomas
www.listen.to/sm6vvt

> No problem Will.
>
> There is a pot for each power level located on the audio board.  It's
> located on the bottom of the radio on the PCB that runs along the back, but
> the pots are towards the front of this board.  I forget how the pots are
> labeled, but I think it's something intuitive.  BTW, there is no reason why
> you cant use the 10 watt pot to set it for 120 watts if you dont need the 10
> watt setting but would like to preserve the 100 watt setting,etc.  IE, all
> three pots can be set to any power setting.
>
> Yaesu uses 150 watts as the temporary power output to set up some other
> settings during alignment, so you should be able to run 120 no sweat.  I've
> actually done that to both of mine as well.
>
> 73, Ty K3MM

----------------------------------
Tomas Tanbäck
Kärrhed 250