[Yaesu] FT-1000D Mechanical Problem

R. Kline 4x4nj@iname.com
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 13:00:25 +0100

If I turn the main dial on my FT-1000D faster than for slow tuning, it will
often continue to keep moving for up to 2 KHz.  Sometimes the undesirable
motion is in the reverse direction of the tuning that caused it. This
happens even though I actually grab the dial and hold it momentarily before
releasing it! There must be some simple adjustment to take care of this. I
have the "Technical Supplement" that is the only document sold as a
"Laboratory Manual" for maintaining the FT-1000D, and there is no mention of
any adjustment to alleviate this problem. I would appreciate hearing from
anyone that has had this problem and has been able to fix it.  Reference to
the mechanical diagrams in the "Technical Supplement" would be especially
meaningful.

73,
Riki, 4X4NJ

--