[Yaesu] Yaesu FT73R

William Hays William Hays" <wj5o@earthlink.net
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 21:50:42 -0500

Hi All,
I thought it might be beneficial to some Ops with a like unit to know what I
found out.
REF: Previous message..
>>Hi All,
Can someone tell me which of the "solder tabs" that need to be changed to
"Un-modify" a rig that was modified to extend the frequencies?  Currently on
"Memory Channels" it indicates Ch-1 thru Ch-9 and a touch of the vfo/Mr
button indicates a frequency. The frequency range is 220MHz to 500MHz. I
want to return the rig to original configuration. I've reviewed the MODs on
QRZ.Com but although it tells what tabs should be open to extend the
frequency..... It doesn't explain what status they are in to start with.

Another question??????? Does the rig normally cover 430 to 450MHz ?
73 Bill WJ5O<<
When I opened the rig up I found none of the tabs were filled in. By filling
in solder tab #8, it brought back normal 440 MHz operation. (That is 440 to
450MHz).... filling in #7 tab also shifted the operation to 430 to 440MHz.
.... So a person wanting to hear the Satellites in the 436MHz area would
need this modification.
ALSO NOTE..... The function buttons were very erratic.... The printed
circuit pads were very easy to clean with a pencil eraser.. BUT CAUTION in
removing the PCB to get to the function pads. Removing the five or six
screws is easy.... Care must be used to first un-solder the speaker
connections( the wires protrude through two openings in the lower part of
the board) AND then the microphone element. (With top of board to right, the
Microphone is upper most center) A quick touch of the solder iron to each of
the two board connecters will free it for removal. Now remove the "spanner"
nut from the antenna connector and raise the lower portion of the board
slightly and pull down enough to free the antenna conector from mounting
hole. Flip the board over and use the pencil eraser on the "touch" pads.
I still need a copy of the OPERATING MANUAL....... anyone willing to make a
copy for Me?...I'll gladly pay copy & mailing costs.
73 Bill WJ5O

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/yaesu