[Yaesu] FT990 Question

Paul Matthews Paul Matthews" <kb4gyt@mindspring.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 19:06:24 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C12F2B.5D653EA0

Hello,
I have the FT990 and really like the rig. I am considering sending it to =
Yaesu for general alignment, replacement of S meter bulb, and possible =
pin diode upgrade. I understand the diode replacement makes a big =
difference on RX. And yes I have to contend wth the "hiss" on RX here as =
well! What improvement will I notice if I replace the pin diodes? Also I =
understand there is a ROM/RAM upgrade. Any help, suggestions, ideas will =
be appreciated.
73, Paul KB4GYT
=20

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C12F2B.5D653EA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hello,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I have the FT990 and really like the rig. I am =
considering=20
sending it to Yaesu for general alignment, replacement of S meter bulb, =
and=20
possible pin diode upgrade. I understand the diode replacement makes a =
big=20
difference on RX. And yes I have to contend wth the "hiss" on RX here as =
well!=20
What improvement will I notice if I replace the pin diodes? Also I =
understand=20
there is a ROM/RAM upgrade. Any help, suggestions, ideas will=20
be&nbsp;appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>73, Paul KB4GYT</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C12F2B.5D653EA0--