[Yaesu] Problem with FT-736R going dead when PTT pushed

David G. Maley dgmaley@soli.inav.net
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 12:49:01 -0600 (CST)

Rick;
I had a similar problem with a yaesu FT-900 HF radio.  I found that RF was
getting into the CPU and resetting it. I ended up rewiring the ground
connection to the negative post inside my power supply.  Not sure this
cure will cure yours too, but worth a check.  Does the radio have the
same problem when connected to a dummy load?  Good luck.
Dave WA0ZZG