[Yaesu] FT-1000MP Production Date

Are Barstad abarstad@bconnex.net
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 18:18:46 -0500

I haven't seen this thread before and apologize if I'm duplicating someone
elses answer:

Your rig is manufactured in June 99.

I have an FT-1000D that have a serial number starting with 0E... I know for
a fact that this rig was made in year 2000 month E (fifth letter of the
alphabet, ergo May). June is right for your rig - 100% sure. Yaesu told me
how there numbering scheme worked when I wanted to know that my new FT-1000D
was in fact new and not an old beater that was stored for years.

Regards,
Are - VA3ARE

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-yaesu@contesting.com [mailto:owner-yaesu@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Marty Tippin
Sent: January 4, 2001 9:44 AM
To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP Production Date

Thanks to all who responded - the consensus was that the rig was made in
1999, either April or June (a lot of different theories there). But there
was a wide variation in responses I got so it's apparent that nobody is
100% certain of how the Yaesu serial number schemes work.

I contacted the seller and he confirmed that April of 1999 was a likely
date.

Thanks & 73,

-Marty NW0L
  martyt@pobox.com