[Yaesu] VX-1 Freq Tweak

K5XS@aol.com K5XS@aol.com
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 22:16:17 EDT

Can anyone please tell me how to adjust the master oscillator in a VX-1R?

Mine just spontaneously jumped in frequency.  Now when I set the operating
frequency to 146.52 MHz, I am actually transmitting on 146.533.  Similarly,
when I set the dial to 433.000 MHz, I am transmitting on 443.040 MHz.  These
have been verified by a freq counter and another rig.

I have disassembled the radio, and I am staring at the main board.  Beneath
the LCD display assembly I see three large square trimmer pots and one small
trimmer (capacitor, I think).  Which one can I try to adjust?

Thanks.

Bernie Skoch
K5XS

--