[Yaesu] can't load up on ten meters

KZ2G kz2g@optonline.net
Sat, 03 Nov 2001 07:39:15 -0500

Well, as u might remember, i could not load up my pro-am 10-meter whip on 10
meters with my FT-100D in my van.  i had a 3.6:1 SWR no matter what i did to
the whip.  i put a dummy load on the ft-100d and had a perfect SWR.  this
led me to think the pro-am whip was defective.  so i bought a 10-meter ham
stick and cut it for 29.62 fm.  well, gang, still same bad SWR.  finally i
gave up and put my MFJ Versa tuner II on the mobile ant.  got the swr down
to near perfect.  weird.  i do not need the tuner with the 20-meter pro am
whip.  it works nearly perfectly.  any ideas why i need the tuner for both
10 meter whips and no tuner for the 20 meter whip????  i'd sure like to
know.

Bob, KZ2G
        Omni 6 Plus & FT-100D, C U on CW!
        See my Ham web at www.geocities.com/ram9872002/kz2g.htm