[Yaesu] VL-1000

Guy on4aoi@ping.be
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 22:51:30 -0000

Billy,

> QST just did a review of the VL-1000 ... two points of concern, one is
> that it does not "auto tune", you have to manually hit a button to QSY

This is only with no Yaesu TRX or when Banddatacable is not connected
I saw tests when connected to a FT1000mp where it wkd just fine.

> the amp ... and NOT mentioned in the QST article is the fact that the
> MRF-150 final transistors ... are no longer available !  Those two
> pieces of data took the VL-1000 OFF my short list.

How much MRF-150 do you need ?

> 73 Billy AA4NU

73 Guy ON4AOI

DX4WIN soft and related stuff at
http://users.skynet.be/ON4AOI/dx4win.shtml

DX4WIN, WRITELOG, WF1B & RITTY CW & RTTY interfaces at
http://users.skynet.be/ON4AOI/keyer.shtml

ARSWIN link and related stuff at
http://users.skynet.be/ON4AOI/web7.htm

DXTELNET soft and related stuff at
http://users.skynet.be/ON4AOI/dxt.shtml

MY SALESPAGE with radioamateur & computer parts
http://users.skynet.be/ON4AOI/sale.shtml