[Yaesu] FT-1000MP failure

Greg Clark k9ig@contesting.com
Mon, 08 Jul 2002 12:21:19 -0500

I've found myself in a similar situation but with my Mark V.  It is about 7 months
old and has been sitting idle for about 3 weeks.

I made a few Q's with it this weekend and let it sit idle for an hour.  The
main receiver is now totally gone, no receive, no hiss, no transmit.  The sub-receiver
does work on some bands, but it depends on what band the main receiver is set
at.

A master reset did nothing.  A call to Yaesu resulted in the same.

So, it's now in the hands of UPS and the world of warranty repair.

I'll report on progress or lack there-of.

Greg
K9IG

>I found yersterday that my MP did not receive or transmit on 20m.
>TX/RX is dead between 7.5-14.5 MHz... Immediately when I hear relay >activate
at those limits, RX works OK and TX works where it should work. >TX relay activates.
Sub receiver works properly. Reset did not help.

>I opened the radio and checked for bad flat cable connections etc. I >also
tried if RX can hear anything when signal is connected to cable >leaving high
pass unit (cable that connects to J3502)... Nothing between >7.5 and 14.5MHz,
elsewhere nice signal.