[Yaesu] FT-101E problem

Laird Tom N LairdTomN@JohnDeere.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 07:56:23 -0600

I am trying to fix a 101E for a friend. The receiver works fine, but no
transmit.
I checked the driver and finals and both are OK, doesn't appear to be
anything
burnt in the final cage. I have high voltage and able to set the bias idling
current
to specs (60ma) on the meter. I have absolutely no output (zero - nothing)
and the
ALC in transmit isn't working. BTW, the plug in the rear (ACC) is installed
and the
heater switch is ON.

Any guru's out there that can try and pin-point this problem? I have a
scope, but
not sure where to look for a signal.

Also, I need a relay for this rig, the plug-in one near the filter board, I
had to
borrow the one out of my other rig. Any replacements for this relay if I
can't find
an original?

Thanks,
Tom Laird WC9M