[Yaesu] RE: FT-101E problem

Laird Tom N LairdTomN@JohnDeere.com
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:55:32 -0600

Rick and Esa,
   thanks for your reply. Actually, I found the problem last night. Here is
the
story. This person acquired the rig from a CB'er and all the crystals were
removed.
My friend (a HAM) installed one crystal he had for 10 meters, and he
installed it
in the AUX position. Well my assumption was that since the rig was from a
CB'er,
that the brown wire had been already cut. After quite a bit of tracing, I
saw the
wire was "still" intact. I moved the crystal to the proper holder and
behold, I now
have output. Lucky I checked under the final cage, because someone had
removed the
final cage relay and the retaining clip had fallen down near the base if the
finals.
That could have posed a severe problem if it shorted the screen voltage to
another
component.

Thanks again for your help,
Tom Laird WC9M