[Yaesu] FT-107E external power supply

Laird Tom N LairdTomN@JohnDeere.com
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 08:47:13 -0600

Well, after fixing the FT-101E transmitting problem, another Yaesu rig
showed up at my bench.
Funny how that happens....... My friend brought over a FT-107 and external
power supply.
The first step is getting the power supply to work, then the rig.

Symptoms: Supply has no output..............

After taking off the cover, I saw an obvious problem, one of the secondary
AC leads had become
unsoldered from the bridge rectifier. I removed all the leads and checked
the diodes individually
and they were OK. Resoldered the leads and brought the supply up on a Variac
to see if anything was
shorted. All looked OK, but only had about 8 volts output. Checked the four
pass transistors, all OK.
next the regulator board, the driver transistor is OK, but the TA7089M
regulator IC appears to be bad.
So now I'm at a stopping point, I can't locate an IC or replacement. I did
find one place that had them,
but they have a $50.00 min. order.

Anybody have one of the regulator IC's? It is an 8 pin circular linear
regulator. Yaesu also uses them
on the FT-901/902 and maybe 101ZD rectifier board in those rigs.

Tom Laird WC9M
Moline, IL