[Yaesu] FT-100D operation question

Nate Bargmann n0nb@networksplus.net
Wed, 22 May 2002 22:56:12 -0500

Hi all.

Having bought a new (for me at least) pickup, I'm considering an FT-100D
as an "all in one" radio.  One thing I've enjoyed in the past is being
able to have my FT-8100 scanning on either or both bands while
monitoring a favorite frequency on HF with the trusty FT-890.  I'm
curious if the FT-100D has the capability to scan VHF and UHF
frequencies while simultaneously monitoring an HF frequency or be in QSO
in HF?  Or, does the radio simply act as the '890 where everything would
have to be in memory to scan over multiple bands and there is no sub-band
as on the '8100?

This is one item I've not seen addressed in the multitude of messages
I've read lately.

Thanks to all!

73, de Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "We have awakened a
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | sleeping giant and