[Yaesu] FT901 Noise

David kr4ow@iag.net
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 19:33:41 -0500

Hello and thanks for reading I have a FT-901DM With some sort of self =
generated noise.

To be more specific the transmit works the recieve works, So long as you =
recieve a signal That

Is over S9. constant. And of course no antenna hooked up With the lack =
of a better description I would have to say a white noise of sorts. I =
tried bypassing the vfo for the outboard vfo but it is still there.

My problem I guess is were do I start on trynig to troubleshoot this =
problem. I do not have a service manual but do have th schematic for it. =
Also I did remove the cards and clean the edge connectors, to no avail. =
The S Meter reads S9 with the white noise and I do not hear any kind of =
Hum just white noise and a signal that does not exist.

Thanks David KR4OW

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---