[Yaesu] Thanks to all

George Halpin halpin2@adams.net
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 14:02:51 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

I thought my Mark V had gone south when it wouldn't transmit. I'm ashamed to
admit the radio is OK. My stupidity was overwhelming my intelligence, or to
put it another way I was having a "dumb attack". I was monitoring 2m for
multiplier spots when a call came in. I reached to turn down the volume on
the Mark V and unknowlingly I turned down the mic gain. Ignoring the HF
audio, I copied the traffic and went back to HF only to find out I wasn't
getting out.(no transmit). After checking and rechecking, (or so I thought)
I assumed the rig had died, so I shut it down and left the station for about
2 hours. Thinking I should give it another go, I turned on the rig and
immediately spied the mic control turned back to zero. Viola! After
resetting the nob correctly, everything is OK.

Thanks all for the comments,

de N9DO George H